SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#241100 - 08/26/08 05:45 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays: "Mas Que Nada" on the Yamaha CVP 307
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Very enjoyable the guy can play. Based on some of the comments, maybe he's not the technician Michel Camilo is,but how many are? Hes' got plenty of talent. Thanks for sharing Scott.

UPDATE 2 days later. I just watched the video and listened again thru my Bose Tunnel Port earhphones. This guy is phenomenal. WOW!!!!

Originally Posted By Russ
Quote:
b Thanks, Scottie...great tune...first heard it on an early Sergio Mendez album. Was hooked on bossa for years in the early 70's./b

Russ I got hooked on that tune after I heard it on the Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 album.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 08-28-2008).]

#241101 - 08/26/08 05:48 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays: "Mas Que Nada" on the Yamaha CVP 307
Dnj Offline

Here we go again ......hey everyone its "PISSIN" Time all over the world !!! Shhheeeeeeeeeeeeesh

Can't we just appreciate another musicians performance Like Peter Baartman's above?
This is really getting ridiculous.

Ok I'll duck now

#241102 - 08/26/08 05:50 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays: "Mas Que Nada" on the Yamaha CVP 307
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Very enjoyable the guy can play. Based on some of the comments, maybe he's not the technician Michel Camilo is,but how many are? Hes' got plenty of talent. Thanks for sharing Scott.

Originally Posted By Russ
Quote:
b Thanks, Scottie...great tune...first heard it on an early Sergio Mendez album. Was hooked on bossa for years in the early 70's./b

Russ I got hooked on that tune after I heard it on the Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 album.

http://www.michelcamilo.com/

#241103 - 08/26/08 05:54 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays: "Mas Que Nada" on the Yamaha CVP 307
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
You better watch what Fran spikes your grits with, next breakfast

Don't eat the yellow grits... Even if it DOES spell Yamaha

#241104 - 08/26/08 06:00 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays: "Mas Que Nada" on the Yamaha CVP 307
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
It seems every thread that Diki participates in causes a pissin contest lately?

DIKI, WHY DON'T YOU GIVE IT A FREAKIN REST ALREADY!!!

Baartmans is a great showman and a great talent. Why can't you guys just leave it at that and enjoy it for what it is? I don't see anyone here on the top 10 Billboard Charts.

------------------
Al Giordano
Visit us at ARRANGER WORLD! http://www.arrangerworld.com

Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#241105 - 08/26/08 06:07 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays: "Mas Que Nada" on the Yamaha CVP 307
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Tks Scott.

Great performance from Peter Baatmans for one of most famous Jorge Ben's tunes.
Regards from Brasil
Chico

[This message has been edited by ChicoBrasil (edited 08-26-2008).]

#241106 - 08/26/08 06:16 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays: "Mas Que Nada" on the Yamaha CVP 307
Diki Online   content

Al, you want to try that again?

Read the thread. IN ORDER.

All I pointed out was him playing over an SMF (in case anyone confused it with arranger play).

THEN Fran came in and started the 'reality check'.

You got a beef, take it up with the originator. Or just 'piss off'. I am getting tired of being the whipping boy for other's actions. Once a thread goes there, sure, I'll discuss. But you want sweetness and light? Watch Disney.

Or aim your barbs better.
------------------------------------------------

Sorry, the rest of you, but this pisser is DONE taking this crap from anyone.

#241107 - 08/26/08 06:20 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays: "Mas Que Nada" on the Yamaha CVP 307
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChicoBrasil:
Tks Scott.

Great performance from Peter Baatmans for one of most famous Jorge Ben's tunes.
Regards from Brasil
Chico

[This message has been edited by ChicoBrasil (edited 08-26-2008).]

http://www.jorgeben.com.br/

#241108 - 08/26/08 06:59 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays: "Mas Que Nada" on the Yamaha CVP 307
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Ok Diki, I'll play along. So you say your not an instigator????

Check out the Thread on the new Combi Editor for the Mediastation as a typical example:

"Nice to see them hard at work on the OS, while the demos on their website continue to suck... Who needs sleep, when you can ruin your company while wide awake, anyway?"

First of all, who the hell asked you for your opinion on that thread anyway then you utterly trash the company, trash the owner, the product, etc.

Give the guy a break. He's trying to penetrate a market with a cutting edge keyboard which is evolutionary. Be constructive, don't just cut his legs off beneath him.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#241109 - 08/26/08 07:13 PM Re: Peter Baartmans Plays: "Mas Que Nada" on the Yamaha CVP 307
Diki Online   content

He isn't trying to penetrate the market. He's just trying to write the software. Penetrating the market involves 'marketing'. And that, with a product almost universally unavailable to try personally, involves making quality demos one of the highest priorities. Well, at least all the SUCCESSFUL arranger makers think so... But what do they know, anyway?

BTW, you might have noticed that MY post was not the first to go 'negative' on that thread. But once again, feel free to single me out for your venom. I have, for all your reading and posting pleasure, started a 'Bash Diki' thread, where you can all take this kind of thing, and stick it

After all, you wouldn't want to join a 'pissing contest' on a thread not meant for that, would you...?

Oh, whoops! You already did

Got to love a guy that thinks the solution to a problem is to make it worse

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online